Thursday, April 9, 2009

Maundy Thursday Prayer & Silence

We just participated in our first Service of Scripture, Silence, and Prayer this morning.

We will be offering it again this evening.

Several had asked some questions about this new opportunity so here's a little more detail.

The intent is to be silent and allow God a time to speak.

It will begin at 7PM (and last for approximately 1 hour). The format is pretty basic:

- A scripture will be read out loud.

- A devotional thought will be read to provide some direction as we prepare to pray.

- A time of silence will be given, allowing you a few moments to pray in your seat.

This process will be repeated.

Not complicated...but very powerful stuff. I found it an effective tool in my own life today.

And I'd like to invite you to join us and anticipate the Spirit's work in your life.

If you are reading this but unable to be present physically, e-mail me at jcrwdr@juno.com and I'll send you a copy of the service we've put together.

"...for Zion's sake I will not keep silent
for Jerusalem's sake I will not remain quiet..."
(Isaiah 62:1 NIV)

Grace & peace

No comments: