Thursday, July 3, 2008

You've Got it All

His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. (2 Peter 1:3)

Did you hear that?

We have everything we need for life and godliness.

Staggering, isn't it?

Do you feel ill-equipped?

You have "everything you need".

Do you think the idea of living a Christ-like life is WAY OUT OF YOUR REACH? Only for others?

You have "everything you need".

Do you feel overwhelmed and unable to face the tasks & challenges of the day?

You have "everything you need".

Say that verse again. But this time, put yourself in there.

His divine power has given ME everything I need for life and godliness through MY knowledge of him who called ME by his own glory and goodness.

Maybe you're like me. I need to pause in the midst of the day-to-day struggles in life and be reminded that He has provided all I need.

I have to take a deep breath, step back and be reminded of the gifts He has made available.

I need to "be still and know that He is God" because life can really mess with me. And if I'm not careful, I forget that I have everything I need for life and godliness.

Instead, I live like I've got nothin'.

So next time you or I feel like life's got us in a chokehold, and we're about to go down for the count, let's remind each other that we've got everything we need because of him who called us.

Grace & peace

No comments: