Monday, October 27, 2008

1 in 6 Billion

For by the grace given me I say to every one of you:
Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought,
but rather, think of yourself with sober judgment
in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you. (Romans 12:3, NIV)

I read it today and it struck me.
It is probably not a new thought.
But I wanted to share it with you.

Paraphrasing Dr. John Bowling, "You are the only person in the universe. All of the other people are someone else."

Now this not might strike you as profound, but think about it for a moment.

If I am 6 in a billion, isn't it absurd to live my life SOLELY focused on ME?

If I go through today thinking only of myself, think of all the others I have ignored.

May God help you today to "think of yourself with sober judgment".

Not thinking too much...

or too little....

of myself.

But in the proper perspective of a created being for whom Jesus Christ died.

Grace & Peace

No comments: