Monday, February 9, 2009

One Psalm, One God

It is Monday morning. I just dropped the kids off at school. This morning I spent some time in Psalm 9.

First, I'm reflecting upon our day at church together yesterday. It was a very good day. A number of us enjoyed time together in worship. We read Scripture. We prayed. We welcomed friends. We met new folks. We sang. The sun was shining. The thermometer was up. People volunteered to be part of ongoing ministries. Two people recommended ideas for new ministries.

God was at work in us and through us. I thought of many of those things as I read Psalm 9:1-2:

I will praise you, O LORD,
with all my heart;
I will tell of all your wonders.
I will be glad and rejoice in you.
I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.

Have you spent ANY time today thanking God, declaring God's wonders, rejoicing, or singing God's praise? If not, take 15 seconds right now. (Go ahead....I'll wait.)



However, as I mentioned a moment ago, today IS Monday. Which means there is a list of things that have to get done this week. Some look very daunting. Problems all seem to knock on the door on Mondays, don't they?


There is a funeral service tomorrow for a family outside the church.
We missed you who were away from us yesterday.
We are praying for some of our church family who have lost their job.
We are interceding for others who are fighting spiritual battles.
We are lifting you up to God if you are struggling within your family and your marriage.
Some are battling depression and strongholds in their lives.
There is are families with car problems.

I thought of many of you as I read Psalm 9:9-10:

The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed,
a stronghold in times of trouble.
Those who know your name will trust in you,
for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.

Maybe your life's circumstances draw you to one part of that Psalm or the other. I'm living in both of them today and this week.

I'm thankful to know our God is the God of BOTH parts of Psalm 9.

May the God of Psalm 9 reign in you today, and speak personally and powerfully into your life.

Grace & peace

No comments: