Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I Know Nothing

When I came to you, brothers, I did not come with eloquence or superior wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. (1 Cor. 2:1-2)

"If we are not heedful of the way the Spirit of God works in us, we will become spiritual hypocrites. We see where other folks are failing, and we turn our discernment into the gibe of criticism instead of intercession..." (My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers)

When is the last time I had a run in with a person?

When is the last time I was offended by a cause or a group?

Was my first response to complain about them or to pray for them?

Are we seeking eloquence and superior wisdom or are we content to know nothing...except Jesus Christ and him crucified?

Grace & peace

No comments: